POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? : Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front?
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 17 Jul 2002 11:24:44
Message: <3d358c3c$1@news.povray.org>
Actually, I don't want to restart POV every time.  I only end up down that
route because of the "start" method mentioned earlier.  I'd rather start a
single instance and then send renders to it.  This would be faster because
POV would already be loaded into memory.  The annoyance is that each render
that is sent causes POV to come to the front.  Since I'm working on
distributing renders, I don't know who might be using the computer where the
render starts, and I really don't want to bother them while they're reading
the POV news groups. :-)

Is there some other mechanim to send renders to POV other than simply
"pvengine.exe /RENDER object.ini"?

Andrew

> > That's why I'm pushing for a compromise.  When the first instance of POV
> > opens it should do what it does now.  Show the splash, open up, come to
the
> > front etc.  But on subsequent /RENDER commands sent to the original
instance
> > POV should stay minimized if it is minimized, or stay in the tray if
it's in
> > the tray.  That way it's obvious that POV is doing the work, and those
of us
> > that want to use in the background can work.
>
>   Why do you want to restart povray every time you want to render a scene?
> Moray renders a lot of scenes and only starts povray once.
>
> --
> #macro M(A,N,D,L)plane{-z,-9pigment{mandel L*9translate N color_map{[0rgb
x]
> [1rgb 9]}scale<D,D*3D>*1e3}rotate y*A*8}#end M(-3<1.206434.28623>70,7)M(
> -1<.7438.1795>1,20)M(1<.77595.13699>30,20)M(3<.75923.07145>80,99)// -
Warp -