POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help - Lost in shadows and light_groups : Re: Help - Lost in shadows and light_groups Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - Lost in shadows and light_groups
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 17 Jul 2002 05:31:19
Message: <3d353967@news.povray.org>
I thought I found an alternative solution but it does not work either and I
do not understand why... grrrr

So why, when I put :

#declare vObjectLoc=<.5,2,2>;

#declare Inner_light=
light_source{vObjectLoc color rgb <0,0,1>};

#declare No_shadow_object=
sphere{
  vObjectLoc, 1
  texture{pigment{color rgbt <1,0,0,0>}}
  interior_texture{pigment{rgbt 1}}
};

I see a red sphere (ok), casting shadows for my 3 lights, including the
inner one (not ok) ???

#declare vObjectLoc=<.5,2,2>;

#declare Inner_light=
light_source{vObjectLoc color rgb <0,0,1>};

#declare No_shadow_object=
sphere{
  vObjectLoc, 1
  texture{pigment{color rgbt 1}}
  interior_texture{pigment{rgbt <1,0,0,0>}}
};

The sphere cast shadow for my 2 exterior lights (but is it the shadow from
interior or exterior texture ?), but not for my inner light (why ? Should it
not be blocked by my opaque interior_texture ?). I see the interior of the
sphere through the transparent texture, but it is unlit by the two exterior
lights. (It is lit by the inner light, but you can not see that using this
example with the pure red texture and the pure blue light.)

What am I assuming wrongly ?

TIA

Philippe