POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? : Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:55:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front?
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 16 Jul 2002 13:48:32
Message: <3d345c70@news.povray.org>
I just read through the POV-Ray license agreement again, and I understand
completely how the POV team doesn't want people using their hard work for
commercial gain.  POV has been my ray-tracer of choice for nearly 10 years,
and I want you guys to have all the credit you deserve for such a great
piece of software.

I could even understand an argument for wanting the POV-Ray window to come
to the front for each /RENDER so that it's obvious who is doing the work,
but how about a compromise?  The POV-Ray window could open, but not force
itself on top.  Then if POV is running in the background it's still obvious
at some point that it is being used, but it's not hampering what's currently
being done by the user?

Ideas?

Andrew