POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? : Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front?
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 16 Jul 2002 13:32:30
Message: <3d3458ae$1@news.povray.org>
I agree that POV-Ray shouldn't be used in the background of some other
application without people knowing that POV-Ray is actually doing the real
work.  I bet the Unix/Linux version doesn't have a splash screen though.
And if someone was unscrupluous enough to try and pass POV-Ray off as their
own work, they could always recompile the sources without those things, but
people would eventually find out what they had done.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the splash screen on startup, if POV would stay in
the backround after that, and not hop to the front for each render, but with
the "start /min /low... /exit" solution, a splash screen comes up for each
and every frame of an animation.  Very annoying, IMHO.

Andrew