POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? : Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:47:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front?
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 16 Jul 2002 11:35:10
Message: <3d343d2e@news.povray.org>
> BTW. I tried to start pvengine via console START command and seems povray
> forces its window to be always maximized. I have tried it also with /NR
> option. Here is quote from my batch:
>
> SET PACK_POV_RAY=pvengine.exe
> START /LOW /WAIT /MIN %PACK_POV_RAY% /NR /RENDER %PACK_SETTINGS%
>   Output_File_Name="%PACK_DIR%\%PACK_OUTPUT%" All_File="%PACK_OUTPUT%"
/EXIT

> ABX

Thanks, this works.

I'm running it from a Java program so I had do to...

cmd /c start /low /wait /min pvengine.exe /nr /render etc...

Now if there were only a way to keep the splash screen from showing each
time.

I'm very close to having a system where I can send render jobs home from
work, so they'll be ready when I get home, but I don't want to annoy any
users that might be on my home machine at the time (i.e. my wife or
daughter). Assuming I don't kill the processor...

Thanks.

Andrew