POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bugs? Torus and SOR Tutorials : Re: Bugs? Torus and SOR Tutorials Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bugs? Torus and SOR Tutorials
From: hughes b
Date: 16 Jul 2002 03:05:32
Message: <3d33c5bc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi and welcome Jenni.

The gold chain script is supposed to undergo a change during creation.
Looking it up, I quote from there at section 3.2.5 Torus Object (about 2/3
way down):

"We render this and voila! A single link of a chain. But we aren't done yet!
Whoever heard of a green chain? We would rather use a nice metallic color
instead. First, we remove any pigment blocks in the declared tori and
cylinders. Then we add the following before the union:"

Unless there's another place in the Doc I didn't see with that torusdemo.pov
script which is in error it seems okay to me.

Now, about that sor thing. Gee... well, I sure thought that had been fixed
up in the Doc long ago. Maybe it had been and was redone wrong again. I
believe the keyword open should be there. If I had a previous version handy
I'd take a look, but I don't just now.