POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : layered texture help please : Re: layered texture help please Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: layered texture help please
From: James Taylor
Date: 14 Jul 2002 18:08:43
Message: <3d31f66b@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
>...But you can come close by duplicating a texture layer
> 10-30 times (usually enough) each time with a small 'translate' to it, in
> some direction (I suggest random directions for 3d textures, and for
example
> a circular direction for a 2d texture). This works quite well.

That's the one that'd do it :)

The texture I'm using is for a background on a plane aligned such that the
normal points towards the camera. It's basically a pigment_map with a
turbulent facet normal. The trouble is the facets produce abrupt edges and I
wanted a way to blur these a little - this technique seems like the way to
go...

thanks
jim