POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OBJECT IDEA : Re: OBJECT IDEA Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:55:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJECT IDEA
From: Rune
Date: 14 Jul 2002 16:11:28
Message: <3d31daf0@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron wrote:
> Ellipsoid is only a linear transformation of a
> sphere, so it won't help when the normals do not meet.

Does that logic apply?

Three normals of a sphere will always meet in the same point. But three
normals of a ellipsoid will not always meet in the same point. I'm not
saying that an ellipsoid is a solution, but just questioning this
particular argument.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)