POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A radiosity question. : Re: A radiosity question. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A radiosity question.
From: TinCanMan
Date: 13 Jul 2002 13:04:40
Message: <3d305da8$1@news.povray.org>
"Ace" <ble### [at] icefognet> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Can I? / How do I make radiosity work on one object and not another?
> or not efect a certain color? I like the way radiosity changes the color
of
> one thing in my scene, but I don't want it to change another object.
>

> TIA!!
>
> Gary

Use the 'save_file' 'load_file' options for rad data and either:
1. Render the image without said object (this way it won't create or pick up
radiosity effects)
2. Render the image with the texture of said object made flat black (this
way it *should* not create rad effects but it *should* pick them up)
Render as above with save_file, then restore the object and render with
load_file.

-tgq