POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translate by turbulence : Re: Translate by turbulence Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translate by turbulence
From: TinCanMan
Date: 12 Jul 2002 11:33:55
Message: <3d2ef6e3@news.povray.org>
> TinCanMan wrote:
> >
> > > Have a look at the 'vturbulence()' function.
> >
> > Thanks, but it appears to be the opposite of what I want (if I
understand
> > turbulence properly).  The vector returned by vturbulence() for pt A is
the
> > original vector of the point that is essentially now located at A rather
> > than where the point that was originally at A is now.
>
> Have you tried it?
>
> Christoph

Yes, and it didn't work.
I couldn't get the function method to work either so I think I'm S.O.L.
As Rune pointed out, the problem with turbulence and vturbulence is that, by
the nature of the way they work, a single point can be turbulated to more
than one point. Turbulence doesn't move pt A by x,y,z but rather uses the
point x,y,z away at the location of A.

-tgq