POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error? : Re: Error? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error?
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 11 Jul 2002 19:22:25
Message: <3d2e1331@news.povray.org>
I cannot say for absolute certain without seeing the source code for POVray,
but I know that if vpmS is ever equal to zero, that would likely cause such an
error. "malloc" is the name for the instruction to allocate a block of memory.
When nesting this inside a macro, you may be experiencing a "look-ahead"
problem- the compiler has to evaluate everything before it can get the true
value of vpmS, and it may not do so at a certain nesting depth.
    Just a thought, and it seems that I have seen a similar problem discussed
before.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip