POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OBJECT IDEA : Re: OBJECT IDEA Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:44:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJECT IDEA
From: TinCanMan
Date: 10 Jul 2002 14:44:21
Message: <3d2c8085$2@news.povray.org>
> > Why build a sphere out of triangles if you can just use the sphere
object in
> > POV-Ray?  Sounds like reinventing the wheel to me...
> >
> >     Thorsten

> By 3 points and 3 normals (only direction, with the same constraints that
<snip>
> Non Sine Numine
> http://grimbert.cjb.net/
> Etiquette is for those with no breeding;
> fashion for those with no taste.

That's one heck of a reply, but I think you misunderstood what Thorsten was
implying. He was talking about building a sphere using meshes not building
meshes out of spheres (though that is very interesting and you gave quite a
thorough answer)

BTW to Thorsten: I think the original reference to building a sphere out of
meshes was just a simple analogy, not meant to be taken literally but meant
to be extended to more complex objects.

-tgq