POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Jul 2002 12:48:11
Message: <3d2c654b@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:

> 15. How can I get into second step of registration if I already started
> registration? My mail server was broken yesterday and I recived code just now
> but (even with Search) I can't get any page where "Step 2" appear except page
> with step 1. Should I start another registration and put there false
> informations only to get step 2 page ? Or should I start full real
> registration and leave previous data from first one in database ?

If you did not complete the registration the server did not store any of the
information you entered*.  So you have to enter the information again.

As it requires you to provide your email address as unique information, you
cannot accidentally register twice with the same email address.
Consequently, there can never be duplicate data in the database for the same
email address.   This also has the benefit that there will never be lost
data in the database if you try over and over again with the same email
address no matter were registration "Breaks" for you.

> 16. When I put "step 2" into search field and press search button then
> resulting page contains ten links and links to further results as "11-20" and
> "21-26". But links to further results not work. They return "Your search did
> not match any documents."

The search engine cannot index the "Step 2" site, so those most be from
elsewhere on the site, for example the documentation.  I would check out
myself now, but the server seems to be too busy right now.  I suppose that
the links didn't work was the same reason for you...

    Thorsten

* The trick is that the "Step 2" page contains all the data you entered in
hidden form input fields.  So if you close the browser window without
completing the registration, the data you entered is lost.

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde