POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.5 now available : Re: POV-Ray v3.5 now available Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.5 now available
From: Bob H
Date: 9 Jul 2002 19:56:28
Message: <3d2b782c$1@news.povray.org>
(loud whistling, lots of applause)

I thank you all, too. From the POV-Team, to the TAG-Team, to the beta testers,
to the many end users. All of whom are:

#include "golds.inc"

#local Count=infinity; // for lack of a infinity symbol

    #while (Count=infinity)

text { ttf "timrom" "Great People!", 1, 0
    texture {T_Gold_4D}
 }

    #local Count=Count;

    #end

A litle rain on the parade... because it can't all be beautiful :-)
Nearly missed out on the event today. ISP isn't connecting right for the past
couple weeks, and computer quit working a week ago. Using this old IBM Aptiva
(that crashes a lot) I had to set up again for downloading version 3.5
(hurrah!), taking an hour which I wasn't used to anymore.
Parents 50th wedding anniversary, 4th of July holiday, the visiting relatives,
about given up on my boat ever riding over the water again, all hampered things
further. Plenty of good and bad going on, way more than I'm accustomed to.
I also witnessed the inaccessible povray website, like others had, and thought
my bad luck had affected it as well. It was very good to see it hadn't gone
into oblivian, since I was beginning to think someone unplugged the server
there.

Again I say, thanks to everyone involved in Persistence of Vision Raytracer
v3.5! Back to some YKYBRTLW fun.

bob h