POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photons : Photons Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Photons
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 7 Jul 2002 14:25:59
Message: <3d2887b7$1@news.povray.org>
What would cause light sources, located on the opposite side of opaque wall,
to illuminate the near side, as if they are shining through the wall?

I've been getting this since I switched to the beta version of POV, and put
in photons to my project.

One of the light sources.

//Leftmost LED
light_source { <0,0,0> color Red * LED_Brite
                photons { refraction on reflection on area_light }
                spotlight point_at <0,1,0> tightness 10 radius 0.1 falloff
20
                looks_like {Red_LED}     //Otherwise, they aren't visible
                translate<-2.6,0.2,-0.70>  //F-B U-D R-L Put the LEDs under
their pipes
                }

Plastic wall

#include "slp_may10\top_housing.inc"
object {TOP_HOUSING
        photons{target reflection on refraction off collect on}
        }

The view point is above the plastic looking down, the leds are below,
looking up.
I posted a section of the image in povray.binaries.images that shows the
problem.