POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. : Re: interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior statement.
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 5 Jul 2002 11:26:35
Message: <3d25baab$1@news.povray.org>
"Dave VanHorn" <dva### [at] cedarnet> wrote in message
> Now, I have to define everything about transparency EXCEPT refraction in
the
> finish, and put the refraction in on the object itself.   Very messy for
> making objects transparent in one render, and not in the next.

Well, it makes sense to me, as the IOR of a substance in reality is more
related to the INTERIOR of an object than just it's surface. Also, if IOR
was the only thing that could be defined in the interior {} block, then I'd
probably agree with you (that it should go in finish{}, but there's MEDIA
also, so an interior {} block makes sense.

All the best,

Andy Cocker