POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : eps to prism : Re: eps to prism Server Time
27 Apr 2024 19:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eps to prism
From: Mike Williams
Date: 28 Jun 2002 14:21:46
Message: <3d1ca93a@news.povray.org>
The ttf object in povray does not do beveling.
I have been using heightfields already but this does not always come out the
way I want. Besides it is slow and uses a lot of memory. I really do like
what heightfields and have used them. http://home.quixnet.net/~m1j in the
gallery is some examples. But it does not work with every logo.

The prism provides the beveling and the speed that would work for me. I know
I could recreate the logo's in a program that outputs to povray prism object
but I am trying to consolidate my efforts. I Create the logo's in other
programs. i.e.. Corel Draw. I want to use them in Povray with out recreating
them in povray.

Is there anything that will help me? Or am I stuck doing this the long way
around.

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:08:08 -0500, "Mike Williams"
<mik### [at] hotmailcom>