POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : other newsgroup : Re: other newsgroup Server Time
18 May 2024 14:41:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: other newsgroup
From: Chris Cason
Date: 27 Jun 2002 03:45:43
Message: <3d1ac2a7@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote in message news:3d1188f8$2@news.povray.org...
> The word here is COMPRAMISE

As Ron pointed out, you weren't party to the discussions and have no idea
what happened. It is unreasonable (and in fact rather rude IMO) for you to
suggest that we would not compromise. I think that the team as a whole was
extremely flexible and fair with Mitch.

Mitch was given our permission to bundle POV-Ray with the book. Apart from
that there were no other legal hurdles to his publishing a book. He could do
one now if he wanted. The issue that caused Mitch to decide not to publish a
book had nothing to do with our giving permission or not.

> Both parties seem to have missed the point that a book is better than no
> book

Who said there would be no book ?

While it is true that Mitch seems unlikely to publish a book, I will remind
you that I had intentions of doing a book before he turned up, and I still
have such intention.

So apart from some time having elapsed, nothing really has changed.

-- Chris