POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface : Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:50:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 23 Jun 2002 05:18:01
Message: <3d159249$1@news.povray.org>
I implemented myself Perlin noise and got the same bug. Double/triple check
the way you interpolate the values on non grid points: the code of the
s's/t's (or whatever you call the interpolation fractions) is handled
exactly the opposite on might resonably think (I consider Perlin noise code
one of the most counterintuive algorithms I have ever implemented/debugged).

By the way, if POV had been a free software project, handled with CVS I
would have fixed the bug more than one month ago...

Bye

--
Alessandro Coppo
a.coppo@<REMOVE_ME>iol.it