POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface : Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface Server Time
16 Jun 2024 22:46:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 22 Jun 2002 13:58:30
Message: <3d14bac6@news.povray.org>
"Philippe Debar" <phd### [at] belgacomnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> So, could anyone check this
> http://web.wanadoo.be/wbrp0009/pov/main.html and tell me what to do with
it.

For what it's worth, I would say: Make a bug report in p.b-t. They will fix
it, or tell you that this is the way they want it to work. There were some
changes to the noise-functions in RC6, as changes.txt tells - maybe
something went wrong. Judging from the web-page you made, f_noise looses a
lot of it's functionality if it stays the way it is - who would want some
noise with a grid?

But I did no own test so, I really don't know what it's worth. At least I
can't remember such artefacts in MegoPov or earlier Versions of 3.5.

Greetings,

Marc-Hendrik