POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map front & back : Re: Image_map front & back Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image_map front & back
From: TinCanMan
Date: 21 Jun 2002 09:31:22
Message: <3d132aaa$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> "Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
> news:pan### [at] maccom...
> > That is not true. It worked the first time I compiled it,
>
> Your code is quite logical. It's what 0.7a IIRC refused. I'll try it in
0.7a
> again "later"...

An update here for you.  I don't have megaPOV installed but I downloaded the
help and had a look.  The problem I see (and I don't know which is correct)
is that in 3.5, the pigments are wrapped in the object wrapper, whereas the
megaPOV docs place them after the object wrapper so either megaPOV acts
slightly differently or the docs are wrong.

ie.
3.5 says:

pigment{
  object{
    my_object
    pigment{pig1},
    pigment{pig2}
  }
}

megaPOV says:

pigment{
  object{my_object}
  pigment{pig1},
  pigment{pig2}
}

so you might want to find out which is correct.

-tgq