POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] html conformity : Re: [doc] html conformity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc] html conformity
From: Chris Cason
Date: 21 Jun 2002 08:55:37
Message: <3d132249@news.povray.org>
news:3CFF3DBF.EF6A20F9@gmx.de...
> I had another look at the Windows/Linux documentation on what might cause
> most of the trouble in Netscape 4 and IE 3 displaying the files.

I don't recall seeing the original message you refer to (or even this message,
until I saw your followup).

> It seems the major problem are the incorrectly closed tags for anchors and
> paragraphs.  Here is a corrected example from 'povdoc_003.html' that works
> much better with both browsers.

I don't know why this would cause a problem, a missing </p> can always be
inferred and AFAIK this is exactly what browsers do (even old ones).

Nevertheless, I have gone through the windows docs and added any missing ones
(and added opening ones at the start of each section).

-- Chris