POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save Always = for now : Re: Save Always = for now Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Save Always = for now
From: Chris Cason
Date: 21 Jun 2002 07:55:14
Message: <3d131422@news.povray.org>
"Jonathan Wooldridge" <jwo### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Is it possible to improve the product? By which I mean that both the Coders
> and the Users suffer less? This would be a genuine improvement.

The proper way to fix this is to not require that a file be saved at all
prior to a render starting (rather than have some auto-save feature that
can be turned on and forgotten about). This is in fact how v3.0 worked, which
used a different editor (which stored the edit data as a flat memory structure;
this was very inefficient but handy for doing a render from memory). It was
never necessary to save a file before rendering.

This is not easily possible with codemax, since it stores the file as a linked
list. This is not an impossible problem to get around and I will probably do it
one day. But not for 3.5 release.

-- Chris