POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Specular Transparent Image-Map Problem with 3.5 RC 6 : Re: Specular Transparent Image-Map Problem with 3.5 RC 6 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specular Transparent Image-Map Problem with 3.5 RC 6
From: Slime
Date: 20 Jun 2002 17:19:26
Message: <3d1246de$1@news.povray.org>
You know what I want? Aside from a finish_map, but that would solve this
problem?

I want the ability to specify a "transparency_map" for the entire texture,
separate from the pigment, normal, or finish. Something that tells how much
whatever's underneath shows through.

This would be a slightly easier way of mapping textures, only it would have
more advantages. For instance, right now, transparency can only be specified
in the pigment - but what if you have an image_map for your pigment, and
want to change the transparency? At the moment, I believe you'd have to
average the pigment with a transparent one. But with a transparency{} block
of some sort, you could do it more easily.

It would just be nice to have a way to influence the transparency of the
entire texture all at once.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]