POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object collections : Re: Object collections Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object collections
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Date: 18 Jun 2002 18:03:34
Message: <3d0fae36@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> I think that it is new users who mainly go
> looking for objects on the web. Once they gain proficiency with the
> program they choose to make objects for themselves.

... that is why there are so little professional artwork done with POV-Ray.
In fact, you're saying that it is better to code down to bare metal, that
real programmers use assembler, and, even if some lost soul is trying to use
C, he/she must develop their own printf().

How do you think, what all those 3DS plugins for? Unless POV-Ray community
has the answer to that question, POV-Ray will remain what it currently is:
the tool/toy for hobbyists. PLEASE note: I don't say that that's bad. I,
personally, enjoy playing with so much that it remains my favorite toy for
more then 6 years now. Microsoft, however evel they are :-), got it right
IMHO: "Never create from scratch".