POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map front & back : Re: Image_map front & back Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image_map front & back
From: TinCanMan
Date: 18 Jun 2002 08:34:17
Message: <3d0f28c9@news.povray.org>
> nicely place a bitmap which is "just the emblem", a square, on the chest,
> but also puts it on the back.  A map_type 2 (is that cylindrical?)  takes
my
> bitmap and wraps it around the hole perimeter of my object, while wildly
> distorting it.
>
> I want:
> EMBLEM
> EMBLEM
> EMBLEM
>
> I'm afraid map_type 2 would require a bitmap like this  below, with a huge
> headache of trying to decide how much extra --- solid color to add:
>
> ------------------EMBLEM---------
> ------------------EMBLEM---------
> ------------------EMBLEM---------
>
> I'm stuck with Mega 0.7 for now for personal reasons.  And I don't
> understand a slope_map application for this problem.

(I think) megaPOV has the object pattern, though I'm not sure if the syntax
is exactly the same as in 3.5, but here is an example of how to use it in
3.5:

//start
pigment{
  object{
    box{<-1,-1,0><1,1,0>} //where to place the square emblem on the man's
body (make sure this object only intersects the front half
    //This box assumes the man us upright in the y direction and faces the z
direction
    pigment{Pigment_Outside_The_Emblem} //pigment outside box
    ,
    pigment{  //pigment inside box
      image_map{sys "EmblemImage" interpolate 4}
      translate<-.5,-.5,0>
      scale <2,2,1>
    }
  }
}
//end

let me know if this of use or if you don't fully understand it.
g'luck

-tgq