POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map front & back : Re: Image_map front & back Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image_map front & back
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 18 Jun 2002 08:12:35
Message: <3d0f23b3$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the conversation, but here's the application:

I have a blob human figure.  I want a little emblem on the chest (like the
"4" on Reed Richards or the "S" on Superman.)  A map_type 0 allows me to
nicely place a bitmap which is "just the emblem", a square, on the chest,
but also puts it on the back.  A map_type 2 (is that cylindrical?)  takes my
bitmap and wraps it around the hole perimeter of my object, while wildly
distorting it.

I want:
EMBLEM
EMBLEM
EMBLEM

I'm afraid map_type 2 would require a bitmap like this  below, with a huge
headache of trying to decide how much extra --- solid color to add:

I'm stuck with Mega 0.7 for now for personal reasons.  And I don't
understand a slope_map application for this problem.