POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visible Light Rays : Visible Light Rays Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Visible Light Rays
From: Chris Friedl
Date: 18 Jun 2002 01:22:02
Message: <3d0ec37a@news.povray.org>
Just getting into POV now. I wanted to create "visible" light rays streaming
from an object (do you ever actually see light itself?). You know, like when
the sun shines through a gap in the clouds. POV 3.5 beta6 shows an image of
light through a window in the Insert>Special Effects>Atmospheric Media
mouseover. I also want to animate to have an effect where the light stream
intensity seems to increase and decrease. Sort of like a pulsating, brightly
glowing object sitting in space.

Can anyone give me some clues on how to go about this?

Be Well and Happy Always

Chris