POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A JavaScript Raytracer : Re: A JavaScript Raytracer Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A JavaScript Raytracer
From: Timon Christl
Date: 17 Jun 2002 04:00:54
Message: <3d0d9736$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 02:07:35 -0400, Slime wrote
> The font size is set to 1 pixel, so if Mozilla is making it any wider
> than 1 pixel that's probably a bug of some sort (1 pixel is the
> *vertical* height, and in most fonts characters are taller than they
> are wide). Nonetheless, I might switch it to 1 pixel sized divs.

It is not a bug, it's a feature *g*. Very small font sizes are generally
unreadable and therefore do not make any sense. To help those that are
visually impaired Mozilla can enforce a certain minimum font size (AFAIK
it's set to "on", and 6px in the default settings). This can be toggled
on/off of course, but the casual users will not even know that this
feature exists.

You attempted to abuse font-size to achieve something for which it was
never intended. You really should use more suitable CSS attributes, it
will help to make the web a better place.

This gets too off-topic, so I consider this thread closed for my part.

--
Timon Christl <me### [at] christltimonde>