POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save Always = for now : Re: Save Always = for now Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Save Always = for now
From: Jonathan Wooldridge
Date: 17 Jun 2002 01:39:53
Message: <3d0d7629$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote in message

> This is in fact the exact reason I did it that way. I don't want folks
bitching
> that we 'overwrite their file' because they set "don't ask again" some
years in
> the past then accidentally saved over a file that they wanted to keep.
>
> -- Chris

Doesn't it seem counter-intuitive to you to press "don't ask again" and be
asked again?
"I'm just going to ask you again anyway, just in case you didn't mean it
this time."

It would be nice to be able to turn this off. You could post a disclaimer of
responsibility: "you have de-activated a safety feature, and may
inadvertently overwrite one of your files. You can re-instate the safety
feature at any time in the options/whatever tab"