POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ior mapping? : Re: Ior mapping? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ior mapping?
From: Rune
Date: 11 Jun 2002 17:05:14
Message: <3d06660a$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/languageQandT.html#variableior

> You know, it's not really impossible. It would just
> require some sort of approximated integration,
> Euler's method at the least.

Well, I can't say that I know what I'm talking about, but I think that
even the slightest calculation inaccuracies would lead to big visible
differences from pixel to pixel thus giving a very grainy look. Smooth
variable ior would require render times that would make smooth focal
blur seem like nothing in comparison. ...I think... :)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk