POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ior mapping? : Ior mapping? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Ior mapping?
From: TinCanMan
Date: 11 Jun 2002 07:56:14
Message: <3d05e55e$1@news.povray.org>
I was thinking about this the other night and am not sure how possible or
easy to do it would be.  Would it be possible to make a patched POV that
could use 'ior mapping', i.e., ior values could use something like a density
map for varying ior values within a material.  I was thinking this could
come in handy in some different situations such as mirages or that
appearance you get looking at hot pavement (I can't remember what to call
it) or for modeling of non-homogeneous materials.
I'm not much of a POV programmer myself so I don't think I would be up to
the task, but perhaps someone else is interested in the idea, if it's even
possible.

-tgq