POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anti-aliasing option. : Re: Anti-aliasing option. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-aliasing option.
From: Rune
Date: 9 Jun 2002 14:47:32
Message: <3d03a2c4@news.povray.org>
PoD wrote:
> But it defeats the purpose of localised AA somewhat
> if you use the same settings for the background as
> for your (possibly small) object.

First, it would not always be the case that the background would even
require any AA at all. With soft backgrounds I think that object
specific AA could work pretty seamlessly.

Second, if a little AA was required for the background too, there can
still be a huge difference between low-quality AA and high-quality AA.

I think object-specific AA could work well. The biggest problem as I see
it would be to make bounding objects that were tight enough so that not
too many calculations are wasted...

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/