POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pov-ray Help! colors : Re: Pov-ray Help! colors (correction) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:58:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray Help! colors (correction)
From: bob h
Date: 2 Jun 2002 13:02:33
Message: <3cfa4fa9@news.povray.org>
"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
I need to point out that I didn't use proper color-getting dot operators
there, from lack of usage of them myself. Using the extracted values is
probably not what you're after anyhow.
Instead they'd be .red, .green and .blue since those others are really meant
for getting xyz vector values and not colors.
I should also note here that reusing these can be confusing unless you
realize they involve a 5D vector, <r,g,b,f,t>. More about it can be found in
the doc under operators. But frankly, I didn't make a working example before
anyhow, the addition of .y+.z or even .green+.blue makes <2,2,2,2,2>. Which
goes to show how little I use those. I thought they made a vector of
<0,1,1,0,0> again! Either that or somethings wrong with POV-Ray in that
regard. When in doubt suspect yourself first I guess. I'll have to check
into this further.

bob h