POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Suggested codec : Re: Suggested codec Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:46:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggested codec
From: Slime
Date: 2 Jun 2002 01:33:28
Message: <3cf9ae28@news.povray.org>
> > I would also recommend mpeg.
>
>   Which one? There are three versions for video (MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and
MPEG-4).

Heh, I always thought those were sort of version numbers =)

Actually, the information I gave in my above post was obtained from you a
long time ago, I believe. Or someone in this group, at least.

So, DivX is just an implementation of MPEG? Is there any reason why it seems
to do a better job than any of the other MPEG encodings I've seen before?
Seems to produce fewer artifacts.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]