POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hints for line art : Re: hints for line art Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hints for line art
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Jun 2002 04:42:14
Message: <3cf888e6$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3cf8843f@news.povray.org> , <htb### [at] sbcglobalnet@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> does anyone have any info on a way
> to render a pov-ray scene using line art?  i'd like to draw my scene's with
> hidden surface removal using only line art, no shading or filling.

POV-Ray is a ray-tracer.  It does not compose object out of triangles (other
than triangle/mesh objects of course).  This is explained very well at
<http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/languageQandT.html#wireframes>

There are a few include files and I suppose tutorials that explain how to do
comic like output (at least i recall seeing that somewhere).  Maybe that could
help you.  I would suggest to search for images in povray.binaries.images or
for tutorials in the POV-Ray linkscollection at <http://www.povray.org/links/>

    Thorsten