POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory consuming...? : Re: Memory consuming...? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory consuming...?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 May 2002 08:16:13
Message: <3cf6180d@news.povray.org>
In article <3cf612bb$1@news.povray.org> , "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>>So there is no problem and never was.
>
> Memory problems that became apparent in animations have been reported before
> :
>
> Change 1512 on 2002/04/14 by chrisc@lilliput
>   Fix pigment_pattern memory leak reported in
>     http://news.povray.org/3cb3217f$1@news.povray.org
>
> Change 1300 on 2001/12/30 by thorsten@host27
>   Should fix the JPEG image reading memory leak
> http://news.povray.org/3be2ef0d@news.povray.org
> (note: this one was fixed, apparently...)

These are not those reports I have been referring to or which this thread is
about.  There was a long thread in p.beta-test (I don't feel like searching
for it now) that was about someone insisting there was a problem while there
was not.

> A last one was reported recently but not confirmed.
> http://news.povray.org/3CDFFDB3.F24905A9@gmx.de

As explained, looking at the system monitor is absolutely unsuitable to check
memory usage...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg