POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Variable reflection and IOR : Variable reflection and IOR Server Time
5 May 2024 08:45:28 EDT (-0400)
  Variable reflection and IOR
From: Tom York
Date: 29 May 2002 14:30:50
Message: <3cf51e5a$1@news.povray.org>
A very minor point; "Variable reflection", in Section 6.7.3.4 of the
documentation contains the sentence:

"Remember that in real life many opaque objects have a thin layer of
transparent glaze on their surface, and it is the glaze (which
-does- have an IOR) that is reflective."

I read that as suggesting that opaque materials do not have an index of
refraction. Maybe the segment in brackets could be removed, since I
think the emphasis on the glaze having an IOR gives the impression that
the object beneath the glaze does not. Or is that just me? :-)

Thanks,

Tom York