POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : namespace issue : Re: namespace issue Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: namespace issue
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 May 2002 12:42:32
Message: <3cf261f8@news.povray.org>
In article <3cf23e9d@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

>  Do we agree
> that if it wasn't for some internal limitation, it would be optimal if
> function parameters could work similarly to macro parameters?

No, we don't agree here.  The current solution is optimal as far as separation
between directives and scene description objects go.  They are on two
completely separate levels where the directive level of the language is
defined to be applied prior to reading the scene as description of a "world"
as it is.  In a sense it is the "are macros functions or macros" question as
noted in the docs.  Basically the same is true here as far as we are dealing
with "real" functions here.  So #declares work just like macros and do
interact with #macros on one level but functions are on another.

I am not really sure I am explaining it very well though...

    Thorsten