POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : mirrors should not reflect shadows : Re: mirrors should not reflect shadows Server Time
16 May 2024 02:47:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mirrors should not reflect shadows
From: bob h
Date: 26 May 2002 02:45:42
Message: <3cf08496@news.povray.org>
If I may, I believe the usual method is to post text about questionable
behavior of 3.5 beta in the povray.beta-test group and then also place any
relevant binary files here in this group, directing to (telling of) each of
those postings. However, in this case you could ask such a thing in
povray.general. And yet, if you have strong suspicions it is a "bug" then by
all means posting to povray.beta-test first and foremost is probably
perfectly acceptable.

Well enough chatter, back to the topic of discussion. :-)

Add no_shadow to the red sphere. I do not know for certain if this was ever
done differently before, i.e. the shadow disappearing along with the
reflection. The three things that seem related here of course are: no_image,
no_reflection and no_shadow. Any combination of those "object modifiers" can
be used to get what you seem to have been trying.

Hope this has been some help.

bob h