POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 0.5+ "bucking" particles : Re: MegaPOV 0.5+ "bucking" particles Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 0.5+ "bucking" particles
From: JRG
Date: 25 May 2002 10:34:04
Message: <3cefa0dc@news.povray.org>
"Paul Blaszczyk" wrote:

> > Agh... final_clock 50?!
> Yes..i'm stretching 50 "frames" to 240  (1/5th speed of "real time")

In a simple scene like this the default final_clock 1 is the best choice. Normalizing
the clock makes things much easier to set up.

> > Apart from that, remember that this particle system doesn't have support
> for moving
> > environments IIRC. Does it have something to do with this?
> I'm not moving environment..i only using spray

Without any code I must admit I'm clueless. First of all I would use final_clock 1.
You may want to change something in your code to fit the new clock delta.

The equation final_clock = number of frames is far from being a good choice. In such
a simple scene stick with final_clock 1. The clock will be interpolated from 0 to 1
during the animation, from frame_initial to frame_final. The number of frames and the
clock are no way correlated.

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov