POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV code and software rights (was: Re: question regarding macro quotation) : Re: POV code and software rights (was: Re: question regarding macro quotation) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV code and software rights (was: Re: question regarding macro quotation)
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 24 May 2002 15:47:14
Message: <3cee98c2@news.povray.org>
GrimDude wrote:

> Are you lost? Pov is free.
>
> Grim

No, he is not at all lost! POVRay has one of the most UNFREE (in the sense
of freedom) licences I have ever seen apart from commercial ones.

POVRay is Open Source Software (you have the source) but not Free Software
(just have a look at http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html; POVRay
License violates at least 2 of the conditions).

Whenever I need to explain the ENOURMOUS difference between Open Source
Software and Free Software, POVLEGAL.DOC is a wonderful example...

Bye!!!

--
Alessandro Coppo
a.coppo@<REMOVE_ME>iol.it