POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text : Re: Text Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text
From: Tom Melly
Date: 23 May 2002 15:53:29
Message: <3ced48b9@news.povray.org>
"Dave Bates [{Norman}]" <dab### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Warp,
>
>     Thanks for the info.. that seemed to work, without the Warp.. :)
>
>     But I have a Word like: Text, the Top of the Uppercase word is
clipped,
> but the rest is okay.. is there a bounding box for this?  Or do you think
> have to try and rotate it a little?

Hard to say without seeing the code, but it sounds as though you need to to
make your text-depth bigger. I suspect that what is happening is that your
text doesn't intersect the cylinder at its upper and lower bounds.

If I understand the principle of warps correctly, Warp's warp would avoid
this (and the distortion of the letters).