POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Interpolation? : Re: Mesh Interpolation? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh Interpolation?
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 22 May 2002 16:37:16
Message: <3cec017c@news.povray.org>
> What if I wanted to 'fake' the connectivity info?  For example, choosing
> between linearly connecting all the data points, or some non-linear fit.
> Would it still be best to go the route of creating a scalar field?
I've tried this, but didn't have the time to finish. The idea behind my
program was simple to build a small pyramid and then enlarge this pyramid,
adding the best fitting points. But my program lacks some tests and so there
are still some possibilities (for example it doesn't check if the connecting
pyramid hits the existing body). I think with some work it could be usefull,
but my source code (written in C) is very messy and not documented (or only
in German).
But if you want to have a look at it, you're welcome.
Best regards,
Florian
Oh, btw I have posted this problem to povray.newusers some time ago and got
some useful replies, have a look at that thread...