POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Interpolation? : Re: Mesh Interpolation? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh Interpolation?
From: How Camp
Date: 22 May 2002 09:47:18
Message: <3ceba166@news.povray.org>
Thanks, L'Harmonieux, for the information.  I've seen various 3D contour
sofware packages perform some operations on a table of XYZ coordinates, and
produce interpolated mesh results.  For example, SigmaPlot, Surfer for
Windows, etc.  However, they provide no explanation as to their methods.

What if I wanted to 'fake' the connectivity info?  For example, choosing
between linearly connecting all the data points, or some non-linear fit.
Would it still be best to go the route of creating a scalar field?

- How

"L'Harmonieux Forgeron" <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote in message
news:3CE### [at] freefr...
> How Camp wrote:
>
> > I'm a bit fuzzy on how to transform a list of coordinates into a mesh.
What