POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I create cloud shadows in the atmosphere? : Re: How can I create cloud shadows in the atmosphere? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I create cloud shadows in the atmosphere?
From: Slime
Date: 21 May 2002 15:09:46
Message: <3cea9b7a@news.povray.org>
> The other day I was driving up a mountain side and in the trees along the
> road  I could see the morning sun streaking through trees into the light
fog
> that was present.  I thought it was a neat effect.  Also later that day I
> could see sun streaks created by clouds at the horizon as they illuminated
> the dust and thin clouds that were present.  So I was wondering if anyone
> else had seen similar effects and was a sample program available, so I
could
> create these real-world effects in my renderings.

I *love* those two effects you mentioned, they're beautiful. And you
certainly do need scattering media to model them. I don't have any really
good examples for you; just look up "media" and then "scattering" in the
documentation.

It takes lots of practice to get it to look right.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]