POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media interaction with Spotlights : Re: Media interaction with Spotlights Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media interaction with Spotlights
From: Slime
Date: 18 May 2002 11:43:41
Message: <3ce676ad@news.povray.org>
>     Okay here is my question.. I've played aroudn with this a bit.. I
added
> a "Container" box and see the Cone faintly.. but Is there a way to make it
> more intense without raising the intesity of the light?

Scattering media is hard to manipulate well. You should either increase or
decrease the color of the scattering (which is currently .02 i believe).
Increasing it may help because there will be more media for the light to
reflect off of, so it will be brighter. But decreasing may help because
there will be less unlit media blocking the light that *is* reflecting.

If you are only interested in seeing the media where the fog is, you may
want to ditch the scattering media and replace it with emission media in a
cone shape that matches the spotlight.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]