POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ridged Multifractals : Ridged Multifractals Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Ridged Multifractals
From: Andrew
Date: 17 May 2002 07:36:07
Message: <3ce4eb27@news.povray.org>
Hi there.

[first post in a very long time]

I've just started trying out the f_ridged_mf function to create a
landscape with, but I have a slow computer (p233) and figuring out a
decent set of parameters by trial-and-error is beyond my limited
patience.  Has anyone got a "ready-made" isosurface they could post that
demonstrates good parameters and scaling to create a landscape with?
I'm thinking something along the lines of the one in Gilles's recent
masterpiece - ie a mountainous desert region.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew