POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lights, Refraction and Photons : Re: Lights, Refraction and Photons Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights, Refraction and Photons
From: Dave Bates
Date: 16 May 2002 17:49:49
Message: <3ce4297d$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the response Harold.

I did see your Image, and it was amazing..
Basically I'm trying to Understand Photons, IOR and such... I want to get a
light to shine through the Glass Orb I made, and Refract on the the Plane to
the other side..
I have turned on photons, so I could see what those really do.. basically
I've read and now I'm playing..

Here is the orb Script:
sphere {
    0, 2
    texture {
        pigment { RedClear } //For now, will be glass later
        finish { F_Glass5 }
    }
    interior { ior 1.76 }
    translate y*1
    photons {
        target
        reflection on
        refraction on
        collect off
    }
}

Basic stuff really.. If you want I can mail you the "Test" photo..