POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) : Re: Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) Server Time
17 May 2024 22:33:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not for sale anymore (120 kbu)
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 16 May 2002 16:02:11
Message: <3ce41043@news.povray.org>
Christoph , you are right. I do not like the leafes of the standard Xfrog
trees too.
But you can also define leafes out of triangles within Xfrog.
Therefore you can make the best conifers with this program.
Or can you show me a better mesh pine?

Norbert

> That really does not look good, are those lines produced by broken
> image_map textures?  I think the 'maketree approach' is probably better
> for modelling leaves than using partly transparent textures, despite
> higher triangle counts it could even be faster.
>
> Christoph

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'xfrog3.jpg' (67 KB)